Reading Otii Arc data to Labview or Python

We consider buying the OTII ARC as part of a Testing Automation Project, to measure accurately the work and idle currents.
We are using a testing automation software (Quali TestShell) for the entire test bench

My question: is there an API for reading the OTII ARC? controlling the output and current range? setting a buffer size etc.?
If there are Python or LabView examples - It could help us with our decision.

Regards,
S.C.

Hi,

Yes, Otii Arc functions can be controlled via API’s with the Otii Automation Toolbox (Automation Toolbox - Qoitech).

You can read more about Python implementation here (Qoitech Documentation) and examples are available in out GitHub (GitHub - qoitech/otii-tcp-client-python: Python client for Otii TCP-server)

Best regards,
Björn

These are great news.
Do we need to keep the subscription for the toolbox for product lifetime - or just for the development phase - i.e. Would our code work after the subscription expires?
Regards,
S.C.

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean with “if we don’t buy the software”.
You need to buy the Automation Toolbox add-on to get scripting via python, and that is done via our own web store, you also need to buy the hardware from one of our distributors (Buy - Qoitech). The hardware comes with the free Otii 2.8.x software today.

Best regards,
Björn

Hi,
We have purchased the OTII and it comes with a free software - but the software cannot be activated automatically (only GUI, no API).
If I understand correctly, I need to buy a toolbox every year, just to keep the automation running . it costs more than a new hardware. What am I missing?

I cannot explain to my management that yearly expense. What options do I have now?

Hi,

Correct, to use Otii with API you need to have the Otii Automation toolbox and that is a subscription as mentioned in the post 17th of August.
The option, if you do not want to buy the toolbox, is to use the software via the easy to use GUI.

Best regards,
Björn