Problem with UTF8 characters in UART Log

Hi,

The monospace font for the UART log (on Windows 10 at least) does not seem to support UTF8:

This image illustrates the that the symbols “µ” and “°” do not render correctly.

Please could this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

UTF8 is, as you have seen, not supported in current software but it is supported in the major software upgrade we are working on.
Release for this is not scheduled yet, sign up for the newsletter not to miss the information regarding this.

Best regards,
Björn

1 Like

Hi,

Many thanks, I look forward to the next release. I really appreciate how well engineered the software is :slight_smile:

I have one more minor issue regarding the UART functionality, apologies if I should make a new topic:

I’m having trouble sharing access to some USB to TTL chip with the Otti software. It would be nice to have a “Disconnect” on/off toggle like the power switches somewhere so that I can use the COM port with other software on my workstation without having to close down Otii and/or the ability to see the log without recording.

I mention this as there have been a few instances where I’ve locked up Otti (the power switches no longer toggle) when some other software has used the same COM port it wants to use and had to restart the software to resolve the problem.

Cheers,