Reservation of a license

What is the difference between obtaining a license and reserving it? I mean, when I purchased my license, it already had validity term, why another date then?
What will happen if I don’t use my license for some time, like days or weeks after its reservation term has expired?

Thank you

Hello yabusame

When you purchase Otii you purchase it with a license valid for one computer at a time. To be able to use the Otii desktop client you need to reserve your license from the license server. When you do this you can not use it on an other computer until the reservation time has expired. If you wish to change computer you can return the license on the first computer and then reserve it on the second computer.

Currently the time a license is reserved is set to three days. While Otii is running and able to communicate with the license server it will refresh the license automatically and push the reserve time forwards. This way you can be offline for up to three days but still be able to use your standard/premium features.

I hope this clarifies it for you. If you have additional questions don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards
Christer Fletcher

Makes sense. Thanks!