Time stamp in miliSeconds

Hi guys;
I’m using the Otii tool with the Arc power supply, I would like to know if I can set the timestamp to show the actual PC time.
Or to find a way to sync the starting recording time using miliSeconds too.
I’m using the tool to measure the power and the analysis is very time sensitive to the mS (can be as low as microSeconds too).

Alfonso

Could you tell me a bit more about what you want to sync. Do you want to sync the graph with wall time to match it with some other data, or do you have a log view which shows us where you want wall clock time instead?

If you are trying to sync with a different system, you can connect them together using the ADC+ pin and then select ADC voltage in Otii. So if something happens in your other system you can send a pulse on the ADC+ pin (up to 5V) and it will be graphed in Otii so you can see when things happen down to ms resolution.

It would be great with some more details so I can advice you better.

Also, what OS are you running on?

Regards
Fletcher

Thanks for the information.
Yes, I want to sync the Otii with other instrument so I can see the power consumption at such events.
But also, I would like to use it when comparing the data against a log captured from another tool, I have tools that records some events on our product, but the Otii only give a time stamp for the PC at starting time, then the lapse time needs to be calculated based on the progress of the testing, there is no way to sync instruments here because the messaging comes over the air.

Could you please create a case at https://customer.qoitech.com and I’ll see if I can attach a special build for you tomorrow. Don’t forget to fill in which OS you are running on so I attach the correct binary.

Regards
Fletcher

Hi Fletcher;
Yes, not a problem.
I just did it, please let me know if anything else is needed.
Regards

Alfonso