Long tests and Calibration messages

My otii shuts off when the UI puts up '‘reminder’'s about “calibration recommended”…

Is there ANY way to let the logging continue and the power stay on!>???

nightmare for long testing!!!

wle

replying to me:

qoitech guys say there is an option somewhere to turn off requests for calibration.

but also, a calibration message should not have turned the otii off, so that is a bit of a mystery.

Hi,

Yes, it it possible to turn off the calibration reminder in File → Preferences and uncheck the box Show reminder to calibrate.
This notification, however, should not do anything with your Arc or your ongoing measurement.
If you calibrate your Arc during measurement, it will turn off main power.
As I wrote in the support mail you sent, get back to us if your Arc still resets when the calibration reminder appears.

Best regards,
Björn

i think i was wrong about the cause being calibration messages

later, i noticed it is turning the output off spontaneously, without saying why…

a colleague said it could be loose-ish usb cable…

not sure yet

making long term tests impossible

at the times it turns off, no one is here, so the cables should not be ‘vibrating’, even if it turns out to be ‘loose’

also on this machine i recently disabled the wifi
(to prevent admin-caused reboots)
could this be why it is turning off the output?

(does it need to report on the internet, to you guys, to keep running…?)

wle

| bjorn.rosqvist Qoitech team member
February 21 |

• | - |

Hi,

Yes, it it possible to turn off the calibration reminder in File → Preferences and uncheck the box Show reminder to calibrate.
This notification, however, should not do anything with your Arc or your ongoing measurement.
If you calibrate your Arc during measurement, it will turn off main power.
As I wrote in the support mail you sent, get back to us if your Arc still resets when the calibration reminder appears.

Best regards,
Björn

Hi,

No there is no need to report on the internet to keep the measurement running. You only need internet connection to reserve and release licenses.
I agree with you regarding USB connection issues and vibrations, but to make sure, could you do a test with another USB cable?
Could it be peaks in current consumption making VBUS drop below threshold, disconnecting?
Otii Arc in itself consumes roughly 250mA on VBUS.
I am happy to provide you with a test script, and a trial license, to investigate this possibility.
Do you have your Arc connected via a USB hub or directly to the computer?

Best regards,
Björn

bjorn, so the arc/otii problem was, the auxiliary supply i used, was failing - set it on 9v, sometimes it will randomly drop to 5-6v. without touching anything. prob a noisy adjustment pot.

annoying arc/otii feature: i am actually running it from 2 supplies - USB and the aux connector input on the back, marked 7-9V.

if you use 2 supplies, and the aux supply drops below about 6V, it shuts off the power output - even though the USB one is still operating.

if you have it running on USB alone, and then also plug in an aux supply, it does not shut off, but if the aux drops, it does.

so having 2 supplies is not as reliable as 1.

though possibly it is better the other way around - if USB quits, maybe it will continue on the aux, i don;t know.

wle

| bjorn.rosqvist Qoitech team member
February 22 |

• | - |

Hi,

No there is no need to report on the internet to keep the measurement running. You only need internet connection to reserve and release licenses.
I agree with you regarding USB connection issues and vibrations, but to make sure, could you do a test with another USB cable?
Could it be peaks in current consumption making VBUS drop below threshold, disconnecting?
Otii Arc in itself consumes roughly 250mA on VBUS.
I am happy to provide you with a test script, and a trial license, to investigate this possibility.
Do you have your Arc connected via a USB hub or directly to the computer?

Best regards,
Björn

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this.

Best regards,
Björn