Dear Qoitech team,
A few weeks ago, I upgraded my software and firmware to Otii3.0. I ended up creating an account as well. I have to say it seems to be better in terms of UI(when you get used to it) and more stable than version 2, at least for Linux.
I tried to use it again today for a project and I noticed that I got a message very often. The message is "Software limitations. The basic software has a limit of max 1 recording. "
Is this a new thing? As last time, I inconveniently opened too many recordings at the same time, but I still had the option! Will I still have that issue if I roll back to Version 2?
It is not that I really need the different recordings, but it is the fact that for someone like me that uses the device once in a few months, I end up spending more time to set up and figure out what feature is missing than actually using the device for debugging.
Anyone else with the same issue?
Thank you very much for your time,
Hi and welcome to the forum!
If you do not have any software license, Otii 3.x falls back to basic functionalities and the limit for number of recordings is then 1.
However, since you are a Otii 2.x user from before, you can get your free perpetual STandard license to be used with Otii 3.x.
Do like this in Otii 3.x:
- Make sure you are using the latest Otii 3.x software (3.2.2 as this post is written)
- Log in with your user name in User Management
- On the left side, you will find your Arc and if you have not used it in Otii 3.x then you need to upgrade the firmware to a new one that works with Otii 3.x. THis is done by right clicking and select Upgrade firmware.
- When firmware is upgraded, you will find your Arc in User Management.
- Register your Arc in User management
- When registration is done, you will find a Standard license in the License list
- Reserve the license
You now have same functionalities with this license reserved as you have in Otii 2.8.x
If you want to switch back to Otii 2.8.x, then you can right click on your Arc in Otii 3.x and select Downgrade.
Thank you for the prompt response. I fixed the problem using your directions. Hope this helps others too. Was this related to the fact that I had an older version of the software? As last time I used the software, I could use the standard licence.
No, the limitations have been the same before in Otii 3.x software.
Perhaps you had a trial license or toolbox license reserved?
Great that it works now and I agree that I hope this helps other users too.