Otii software under Ubuntu issues

Otii V2.7.4
Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Sometimes after jumping between desktops and windows, the cursor gets misaligned.

I’m also using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and I can confirm I also have this issue.
2.7.4 as well.

Latest release V2.8.2 has apparently been tested on Ubuntu 21.04, but I still have this issue on Ubuntu 20.04.

Hi and thank you for this post.

This is a problem we have seen working with high DPI displays, sorry for this.
We have a solution for this that will be implemented in the next major software release.
Development is ongoing but I have no release date.

Best regards,
Björn

1 Like

Thanks for the update @bjorn.rosqvist. I’m looking forward to the next software release.

Another issue I am seeing on release v2.8.2 on Ubuntu is that graphs for long recordings (10h+) are really slow to zoom and pan. This wasn’t a problem before the update (v2.7.4).

Thank you for this feedback!
You could try if the OpenGL settings in preferences improves the performance.

Best regards,
Björn

OpenGL was already on. I tried disabling it but that makes no difference. I also tried disabling the high dpi scaling, and that also does not make any difference.

Currently the zoom/pan becomes almost unusably slow when trying to view more than 1 hour’s worth of data.

Could it be that OpenGL worked in v2.7, but stopped working in v2.8?

Hi,

Ok, we will investigate this more.
Could you create a case in our case system for the possibility to test a beta build?

Best regards,
Björn

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this problem.
We have been investigating this and have realized that a performance downgrade was introduced when we stepped Qt release.
We have now launched 2.8.3 where we have solved this issue.

Best regards,
Björn

Hmm, I’m not sure. It’s still quite slow. If there is an improvement it is very slightly.

Can you point me to the case system you are referring to please.

When OpenGL is enabled in preferences, is there a way to verify that OpenGL is actually being used by the Otii software? It feels like that setting has no effect here. Perhaps there was a system update on Ubuntu that broke OpenGL support?

Hi,

Just log in and create a case here:

Best regards,
Björn

1 Like

Hi,

If you create a case, we have a test-build for you to debug this issue.

Best regards,
Björn

1 Like